The following are the updated COVID-19 testing and quarantine guidelines. The changes are implemented for employees, volunteers and students working within NYP including those of NYP and Weill Cornell Medicine.
Employees are strongly encouraged to rethink any non-urgent travel plans. Healthcare workers must follow the below instructions in regards to this travel mandate.
- Asymptomatic employees are NO LONGER required to undergo TESTING (OR QUARANTINE) AFTER DOMESTIC TRAVEL (i.e., travel to any state or U.S. territory).
- Employees may return to work immediately upon return as long as they are asymptomatic.
- Symptomatic employees must report their case to the NYP COVID Tracker or contact the WHS COVID-19 Hotline (646-697-9470) Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 7 a.m.-1 p.m.) to receive further instructions, arrange testing and stay quarantined.
- Asymptomatic Fully Vaccinated and Boosted (if booster eligible) employees are NOT required to quarantine after international travel. Testing on day 3-5 after return is not required.
- Unvaccinated (including those eligible but not yet Boosted) employees returning from international travel must quarantine for 5 days and have a negative COVID-19 PCR test 3-5 days after return prior, to returning to work.
- Testing prior to return to US may be required. International travelers must follow the CDC’s international travel requirements.
- Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated must report their international travel to the NYP COVID Tracker or contact the WHS COVID-19 Hotline (646-697-9470) Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 7 a.m.-1 p.m.) to receive further instructions and arrange testing when indicated.
Plan time for COVID-19 testing: As you prepare for travel, please include time in your planning to include 2-3 days for testing and to receive the result.
Available Testing: NYP is not currently offering COVID-19 testing related to personal travel. Employees should seek testing within their local community locations. Employees are encouraged to keep in mind when negative results are required to return to work, results must be from a PCR test.
New Hire On-Boarding Post Travel
Newly hired staff coming from COVID international locations are advised to contact the WHS COVID Hotline and arrange work-related diagnostic testing in advance of arriving to NY. Testing should be within 3-5 days after arrival.
You can also contact the WHS COVID Hotline or HR Connects through the chat function at the bottom right corner of your screen, or “Submit a request” for more information.