At NewYork-Presbyterian, we treat everyone with respect, and we know that our candidates may have a preferred name (or nickname) that is different from their legal name.
Workday is the system where all our employee data is stored. You can access your personal information at any time to make changes to your preferred name.
A preferred name should be in line with NYP’s Respect Credo and Code of Conduct.
How it Works:
Log into Workday.
From the Home screen, select Personal Information from the Applications box.
In the Change section of the Personal Information screen, select Preferred Name.
On the Change My Preferred Name screen, review your information. The default is your legal name. If the check box is selected, deselect it to make a change.
Edit the Name field as applicable.
When complete, click Submit to save changes. Please allow up to 2-business days for systems to show the updated name.
Your preferred name will be used for:
- NYP ID badge (visit your local security office after you update your preferred name in Workday to get a new ID badge)
- Outlook email display name
- NYP’s Everyday Amazing recognition platform
- NYP’s employee directory
- Department organization charts in Workday
Your legal name will be used for:
- Employment questionnaires (for new hires)
- Background check (for new hires)
- Federal Form I-9 (for new hires)
- ADP, iPay, and other Payroll systems/forms
- Legal documents
- Workforce Health & Safety employee medical records
- NYP’s tuition reimbursement system EdAssist
- Clinical Systems – At this time, we are unable to use preferred name in our clinical systems, however, NewYork-Presbyterian currently exploring this.
For More Information:
We are always looking to improve the new hire and employee experience. If you have any questions, concerns, or recommendations about how NYP uses preferred names, please contact HR Connects through the chat at the bottom right of your screen, or “Submit a request.”