At NYP, our goal is to keep staff, patients, and visitors safe during the outbreak of sickness caused by coronavirus (COVID-19). NYP continues to following directions from our local and state departments of health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Below is information about the virus and tips on how to stay healthy.
Here are tips on how to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wear a surgical face mask around others
- Practice social distancing (maintain >6 feet between yourself and others when possible)
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, rather than into your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
NewYork-Presbyterian is committed to providing our staff and patients with updated information. Please visit our website www.nyp.org for the latest news.
If you have concerns regarding COVID-19, please call NewYork-Presbyterian’s public hotline at 646-697-4000. This hotline is available as public service to provide information only and not to diagnose, treat, or render a medical opinion.
If you are not feeling well, consider using NewYork-Presbyterian’s Virtual Urgent Care for non-life-threatening symptoms such as fever, cough, upset stomach, or nausea. Learn more by visiting www.nyp.org/ondemand/urgent-care.