All NYP employees can report a COVID-like illness, symptoms, test results, or COVID-related absences online through the COVID-19 Tracking Portal, administered by Unum. The portal is an easy to use self-service tool that helps you update your work status, upload COVID-19 related documents and test results, and will provide quarantine guidance based on the information you provide.
- Employees can report a COVID-19 related illness/absence and update an existing record. Please note: A COVID-19 test is required within 24 hours of reporting a COVID-like illness, to continue the use of Support Care Time (SCT) beyond two days.
- Employees can upload a PCR test result, quarantine orders or other supporting documentation directly to the portal.
- Return to work clearance is required for all COVID-19 related illnesses/absences and can be done directly through the portal.
How it Works:
- Visit https://covidtracker.nyp.org using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Register as a first time user with your NYP email address. You will be prompted to enter one time password (OTP) upon registration. The OTP will be sent to your NYP email address. After registration, you will be able to log-in using your NYP email address and new password. You can add a “preferred email” and phone number to receive email notifications and updates regarding your work status, by updating your "User Profile" in the top right corner. Managers/Supervisors will also receive email updates regarding employee work status, pay coding instructions and return to work clearance. You should continue to first notify your manager/supervisor of an absence prior to entering information into the portal.
- To report a new COVID-19 illness or absence, select the “Report COVID-19 like illness/absence” tab from the left hand side menu. Please answer all questions truthfully to allow us to provide you with the best results. All answers provided must be supported with medical documentation, including a PCR COVID test result.
- To view or update an existing COVID-19 illness or absence select the “View/Update COVID-19 like illness/absence” tab in the left hand side menu.
- To upload or manage a document select the “View/Update COVID-19 like illness/absence” tab in the left hand side menu, then select “UPLOAD/MANAGE DOCUMENT”. Here is where to submit a supporting medical document for each illness or absence reported. Examples of acceptable documents are stated on the “upload/manage document” screen. Documents can be either in PDF or JPEG format only.
- To request a clearance to return to work from an existing COVID-19 absence click the “View/Update COVID-19 like illness/absence” tab from the left hand side menu, then select “REQUEST CLEARANCE FOR WORK”. You must be cleared in the Unum portal in order to return to work from a COVID-19 like illness or absence.
- To update or review your contact information click on the profile picture in the top right-hand corner, then select “Edit Profile” to view your user profile. Please be sure to provide up to date contact information in order to receive work status notifications from the Unum portal.
For More Information:
The WHS hotline is available from 7am-5pm Monday through Friday and 7am-1pm Saturday and Sunday to answer questions around protocols relating to COVID-19. Please contact the WHS Hotline at (646) 697-9470.