NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital’s (NYPH) offers a one-year Nurse Residency Program as part of onboarding for all new graduates of baccalaureate programs hired into full-time nursing positions. This is a mandatory program for all new graduate clinical nurses hired at NewYork-Presbyterian. Residents will participate in seminars designed to smooth the transition from nursing student to professional clinical nurse – with an emphasis on developing clinical and leadership skills.
- Resident Expectations
How it Works:
As a Nurse Resident at NYPH, you will:
- Participate in structured educational experiences to develop clinical nursing competence and professional skills
- Enjoy membership in a supportive cohort that fosters professional growth
- Practice in an environment committed to learning
- Fulfill all Program and professional obligations in clinical service including attendance at all seminars
- Provide and evaluate care using evidence-based practice, research skills, and quality data
- Complete demographic and outcomes measurement tools during the prescribed time frame
- Evaluate the Program, preceptors, and facilitators
For More Information:
To learn more about the Nurse Residency Program, go to careers.nyp.org/pro-nursing.
Visit nyp.org/careers to apply for Nursing opportunities.