The federal form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization for individuals authorized for employment in the United States all U.S employers are required by federal law to ensure proper completion of the form I-9 for all employees for continued employment.
NYP partners with a third party vendor, Fieldprint, to manage the completion of employee I-9s. Fieldprint offers over 1,300 convenient locations across US with extended hours from 8am-11pm, including weekends.
How It Works
1. Employees with expiring work authorization will receive 2 sets of reminder emails.
2. An internal email will be sent alerting the employee of their upcoming expiration.
3. An external email will be sent titled “I-9 Reverification Required” from Fieldprint ‘Reverification@certiphi.com’ with a link to schedule an in-person appointment to submit renewed employment authorization documents.
4. If an employee is unable to renew their work authorization and successfully complete their Form I-9 with our vendor Fieldprint before their current work authorization expires, the employee’s manager will place the employee off-duty as of the expiration date of the work authorization as listed on the Form I-9. The employee will not be permitted to work until work authorization has been renewed and Form I-9 successfully completed with Fieldprint. Time off banks are not to be used during this time. There are no exceptions to this policy.
5. NYP grants a grace period of 60 days after work authorization expiration to allow employees additional time to complete the Form I-9 with their renewed work authorization information. Employees should check in with their manager every two weeks during this time with updates on their progress.
6. After 60 days, if the employee’s work authorization has not been renewed and/or the Form I-9 has not been successfully completed with our vendor Fieldprint, the employee may be terminated from NYP.
For More Information
If you experience technical issues using the Fieldprint website, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-614-4364. Do not contact the individual Fieldprint location for customer service inquiries. For any other issues, contact HR Connects through the chat at the bottom right of your screen, or "Submit a request" for more information. You can also reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner for additional support.