In light of the current outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in New York City and Westchester County, and to prioritize the health and safety of our patients and staff, we have instituted an online orientation process to minimize large in-person gatherings at this time.
New employees will be asked to complete online orientation at home, on their first day of NYP employment, and will be paid for their orientation time. If you do not have access to a computer at home, please contact HR Connects as soon as possible through the chat at the bottom right of your screen so that we can arrange for you to have access to an NYP computer. You can also “Submit a Request” to resolve an issue.
As a new employee, you will receive an email to your personal account (the email account that you first applied with) 14 calendar days before your start date with the following information:
- Your CWID (the first part of your NYP email address) and temporary password
- Instructions on how to change your password
- Information on how to set up Duo
How to access Employee Online Orientation:
Follow these steps to access Employee Online Orientation.
- Access Workday: https://www.myworkday.com
- Log in using CWID and Password (sent to new employees in advance; if you don’t have it please call the IT Service Desk 212-746-4357)
- On the Home page, click on the item Welcome to Your NYP Journey item under Awaiting Your Action:
- In the Your First Day at NYP section, click on the Open Details link under the words Welcome to NewYork-Presbyterian Orientation to launch the Orientation Learning task
- Click on Open Learning to launch the course in the NYP Workday Learning Center.
- Click the Start Program and then Start Course buttons
- You must complete all 7 lessons in the Employee Orientation Orientation course by submitting the attestation at the end of each lesson
- Launch and complete the Welcome to NewYork-Presbyterian Compliance Privacy and Information Security
For more information:
If you experience any issues with your CWID/Password or Duo, you can contact the IT Service Desk at 212-746-4357.
If you have questions about your orientation or employment, please contact HR Connects through the chat at the bottom right of your screen.